Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Last Day!

It's the last day for a couple of things around here... the last day for me to be pregnant with Max, Chris' last day of work before his (AWESOME) 4 weeks of paternity leave, and our last day with just Abbey-girl. I'm so excited to have a son, and to add to our family, but a small part of me is just a little sad that it won't be just Abbey anymore. Of course- that's the entire reason we wanted to have a second baby in the first place- to have more than one!! But it's still kind of a "We can never go back to the way it was" feeling. Which is happy-sad. Mostly happy. I'm just going through my "mommy list" wondering, "Did we do enough with her when it was just the three of us? Did she feel special and loved, or was half of her life spent focused on my pregnancy? Should we have done more memorable things with her when we had the chance to do them with just one kid?" Thankfully, she's happy, well-adjusted, and seems to love her Mommy and Daddy, so I guess we're doing all the right things!

Newborn baby girl

Abbey and mommy

Napping with Daddy after church

Abbey's first dress-up with what turns out to be a frequent outfit in her little life!

Helping Daddy lower her crib at Granna and Grandpa's... getting so big!

"The Outfit" photo shoot for her first birthday party invitations

Teaching Daddy to play the guitar

Catching some winks with Mommy at Mimi and Pops' house

First Birthday!

Giving Daddy some chips and salsa

Second birthday party

Sweet fairy princess

1 comments:

Kristin said...

How exciting!!! I'm assuming you have had baby Max by now since I am behind on reading blogs!! Congrats!