Friday, August 24, 2007

Turning Point

Well, we just got home from the hospital, and the version was successful! We showed up around 6:00 AM, and I immediately got an IV and some blood work done. Then, I got a shot of something (a muscle relaxer), and the doctors explained that they were going to push and try to turn the baby until she was head down. They assured me it would hurt. So, everyone saying, "Oh! So it will basically be like a massage," no it wasn't. A doctor was pushing REALLY hard on my stomach and pressing her head around until she flipped upside down, and then it was over! Not before I asked if we could stop a couple of times, though. You wouldn't think that kind of thing would hurt, but it did. Thankfully, I can't really remember what it felt like, though, so I'm fine now! Now, we're just waiting for her to make the next move, and we'll let you all know when that happens!

PS: Here's what a version looks like.

1 comments:

KC said...

I'm so glad all went well! Sorry to hear it was painful, but I'm sure it saved you a lot of pain of delivering a breach baby! Now just the waiting game.....good luck! We're all thinking of you and can't wait to meet sweet Abbey!