Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week 36

Hello, again! We're in week 36 (and a half), and this may be the last post until we have a baby! Chris and I went to the doctor on Friday the 17th to get an ultrasound, and we learned a lot of information. First of all, Abbey is breech right now, so we're going to try and have her turned in order for me to avoid having a C-section. If that's not possible, C-section here we come! Second, we learned that she weighs 6 lbs. 4 oz. right now...wow, that's a big baby! We're looking at having a 7.5-8.5 lb. baby if I carry her to 40 weeks. I'm hoping to have her sometime in the next two or three weeks, though, just so we can have her home. Third, this kid has a full head of hair, just like her daddy! The ultrasound technician was pretty impressed by the amount of hair she has, so thank goodness we got some bows for her at the shower on Saturday.

Thank you to everyone who came to and/or helped with the shower! We had such a great turnout, and everyone got us the nicest gifts that we can't wait to use! We got most of our big things (crib from Mom and Dad, bassinet and high chair from Mom and Dad J, car seat from Nana), and lots of other small but very necessary gifts as well. The most special gift I got was from Nana. When I was little, her friend made me a Raggedy Ann doll with a full wardrobe of clothes. I always wanted to take her home with me, and Nana told me, "Maybe when you're a grown-up, I'll let you have her." Sure enough, the last gift I opened was Raggedy Ann! I can't wait for Abbey to meet her! The shower was so much fun, and we got to see so many people who are special to us.


We are going to the doctor once a week now, so technically, she could come any time now! She'll be considered full term on Friday the 23rd, which is our next appointment, and when they may try to turn her. Things are picking up! Keep posting those comments, and we'll update as soon as there's any news to report!

1 comments:

kiki said...

so sorry we missed your shower, but it sounds like everything was perfect! we'll be thinking of you and can't wait to meet abbey! our prayers are with you, chris, and of course, abbey at this special time!!