Monday, September 17, 2007

Still no baby...

Well, I'm three days past my due date, and still no baby! Besides the uncontrollable PUPPP rash that I've developed, and the sleeplessness due to it AND being gigantic, there's something that bothers me. Strangers not minding their business!! You would think that I had gotten used to this by now, since, unquestionably, the most intrusive stranger was interrogating me at only 17 weeks ("Are you going to deliver vaginally? Do you know the conception date? Are you going to get an epidural?"), but I still have not gotten over the brazenness of some people! The lady mentioned above was our waitress at a coffee shop in Salado, by the way. OUR WAITRESS. So, with every glass-fill and status check came a barrage of inappropriate questioning. The questions subsided for a little while, and were replaced by tons of unsolicited advice from people, but now, we're back to the questions!

Just the other day, I was standing in line with Mom at Ulta, and the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Is this your first one?" I answered yes, she is. "When are you due?" she queried. "Any time now," I answered back, with a tight smile. "Is that why you're out with Mom?" she asked. "...Um...yes." What? It was then, that I realized she thought I was an unmarried teen!! I know I look young, and I know I'm retaining too much water to wear my actual wedding ring, but I had a ring on my left hand, for crying out loud! I could have been rude and answered, "No. I'm out with Mom because we had some shopping to do. My husband of 2 and a half years, whom I've been best friends with for the past 7 years, is at home with my one carat diamond solitaire wedding ring, which is set in platinum. And I'm 25 years old." Instead, I laughed it off and typed this blog for you to enjoy :)

I'm so ready to have this baby!

0 comments: