Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Two years ago...

Now that I'm expecting our second baby, I find myself reading my old blog posts from when I was expecting Abbey. The closest I could find to exactly two years ago today was this one. If you don't want to go back and read, it's basically about how I was eight days away from my due date, and how I physically had made no progress as far as going into labor. HA!!

Little did I know that she was not coming out on her due date, which was September 14, 2007. I happened to be induced on the 19th, but she was born on the 20th. Yikes! I'm glad I didn't know that on September 6, 2007 when I was feeling so sorry for myself that my baby wasn't coming until TWO weeks later!

This is about what I looked like two years ago today.

I think this warrants another "yikes"... I was swollen from head to toe, miserable, covered in PUPPP, and weighing in at nearly 200 lbs. I still think I had every reason to feel sorry for myself :)

Oh, and to top it off, this was the bed I was sleeping in: a LOW to the ground Ikea bed that I had to heave myself out of several times a night to either go to the bathroom or reapply cortisone to my swollen, itching skin.

And this was the TV I was watching:

I think you can barely make out an old Friends DVD on the teeny tiny screen. Needless to say, I was very happy when we got our new arrival:

And, with the addition of Abbey, this room has been changing ever since! I can't wait to see how our house and our lives evolve after Max's arrival, and here's praying for a safe one at that.

So, here I am, two years later, planning Abbey's SECOND birthday party (wow!!!), preparing for the birth of my SECOND child, and all in the SECOND year in our house. We are very blessed.

0 comments: